This permission based feature allows users to setup rule templates to apply to SLOs as target rules for calculating targets.
SLO Target rules can be created in a template so they can be reused across multiple SLOs. To read more about SLO Target rules that are not in a template, refer to the "Assigning and Running SLO Target Rules" user guide.
Adding a New Rule Template
1. From the Edit SLO Target Rules page, click on the "Manage Rules Templates" button in the top right corner, or in the APPR menu, hover over SLOs and click on the "Manage SLO Target Rules Templates" menu item.
2. Click on the "Add New Template" button to enter edit mode for a new rule template.
3. Enter a template name in the "Template Description" text box.
4. Enter the total number of points that the SLO is worth in the "Total Points" text box. The default is 100 points.
5. To add a new target type, select the dropdown arrow on the "Add Target Type" button to show a list of target types.
6. Supply the lower bound, growth type, and growth value for each rule.
7. To add more rules to a rule set, click the "Add" button. To remove a rule set, click the "Remove" button in the top right corner of the rule set’s box. To remove a rule in a rule set, click on the "Remove" button to the left of the rule. To clear all rules and rule sets, click on the "Clear" button.
8. To prioritize rule sets within the same restriction level, click on the "Move Up" or "Move Down" button in the top right corner of a rule set’s box.
9. To save the rule template, click on the "Save Rules Template" button above the "Template Description" text box.
Assigning an Existing Rules Template within a SLO
1. From the SLO Goal Form View page, click on the "Modify Target Rules" button.
2. If the user has the permission to assign rules templates to a SLO, they can click on the "Assign Template" button in the top right of the page.
3. The user can select from a list of existing rules templates to view a rule template.
4. To apply the rule template to the SLO, click on the "Assign Template to SLO" button.
Note: Assigning a rule template cannot be done in edit mode.
Assigning Rules Templates to Multiple SLOs
1. From the Edit SLO Target Rules page, click on the "Manage Rules Templates" button in the top right corner of the page or in the APPR menu, hover over SLOs and click on the "Manage SLO Target Rules Templates" menu item.
2. Click on a rule template to view it.
3. If the user has the permission to assign rule templates, click the "Assign Template to SLO" button.
4. A list of eligible SLOs will be displayed as well as a list of SLOs that have already been assigned the current rule template.
5. SLOs can be searched for by SLO name, SLO ID, owner first name, and owner last name.
6. Check off the SLOs to assign the rules template.
7. Click the "Assign" button above the SLO grid to assign the rule template to the selected SLOs.
Note: If assigning a rules template to a SLO template, the rules will be applied to the SLO template as well as all of the SLOs that use the SLO template that was selected.
Calculating Targets Based on a SLO Target Rule Template
1. If the user has the permission to calculate targets for multiple SLOs, while viewing a rule template on the Manage SLO Target Rules Templates page, click on the "Calculate Targets for Associated SLOs" button. Target scores for all SLOs that use the rule template will be calculated and displayed in the student grid when viewing the individual SLO.