RightPath™ allows two different ways to create an assignment: assigning from a curriculum
assigning from lesson progress.
Assigning from Curriculum
Accessing a particular curriculum can be done through the Curriculum Search page. The Curriculum Search can be found under the Lessons menu.
The user should:
1. Using curriculum search, search for the desired curriculum and choose the unit which holds the lesson or lessons to be assigned.
2. Click the checkbox next to the lesson(s) or unit(s) to be assigned.
3. Click the ‘Actions’ button at the top of the units. This will open a drop down menu with 3 options:
Assign to Class, Assign to Group, and Advanced Assign.
4. Clicking on ‘Assign to Class’ will open up a side menu of any classes attached to your account. By selecting a class, it will assign the lesson(s) to all of the students associated with that particular class.
5. If you have created a specialized group, you can utilize the Assign to Group option to assign the lesson or lessons to everyone within that group.
6. To assign to multiple classes or a particular group of students within a class, click ‘Advanced Assign’ which will bring you to the Assignment Details page.
7. Once you have selected the components you’d like to include and student or group of students, click Create Assignment.
Assigning from Lesson Progress
Lesson Progress is found under the Students tab in the top navigation. This method will be used to assign an individual student a lesson from a curriculum to which he or she has been assigned and working on lessons from within the curriculum. The user should perform these steps to assign from lesson progress:
1. Choose the Student by either typing the student’s name into the textbox or selecting a student from the drop down menu.
2. Choose the Class from the class dropdown menu. The color coding can be used to determine if the student needs more work.
3. You can utilize the filters to determine what you see in the student’s lesson progress.
4. Click the ‘Assign Next from Curriculum’ link.
A pop-up window with options will appear:
a. Select the start and due dates.
b. Choose to assign only the student you’re currently viewing, students that were assigned the previous assignment, or select students from the class.
c. Click Assign. Close the confirmation box to return to the student’s lesson progress.