The SLO Exam Management User Guide will walk you through the steps needed to create a single exam in the Exam Catalog and how to load your SLO PRE and POST scores. Also mentioned is how to edit or delete an exam from the catalog and how to view the students' scores.
To access the Exam Catalog, navigate to APPR> SLOs> SLO Exam Management.
Add an Exam to the Exam Catalog
A pop up will display.
Add the Exam Name and unique Exam Code.
Select Pre or Post from the drop down menu depending on the type of scores you are loading.
Click the check box to automatically update the SLOs with the exam score.
Click the "Add" button to add the exam to the Exam Catalog.
Edit the Exam Name or Exam Code
You can search for the Exam by Exam Name or by Exam Code by entering the information into the search box and clicking on the ‘Search’ Button.
Click on the red pencil icon in the ‘Edit Exam’ column that
precedes the name of the Exam Name you want to edit.
Click in the text box and change the Exam Name or Exam
Click on the disk icon to save the information.
- Click the red ‘X’ to cancel the edit.
Delete an Exam
- From the SLO Exams page, search for the exam and click on the red circle that precedes the exam name you want to delete.
- A popup to confirm the delete will display.
Load Student SLO Scores into the Exam Catalog
- From the SLO Exams page, select the correct School Year.
- Enter the Exam Name or Exam Code of the exam scores you wish to load in the search box and
click the ‘Search’ button.
- In the Load Exam Scores column, click on the blue circle icon. You will be redirected to the Load Exam Score Data page.
- The exam will be pre-selected. Click the browse button to
locate your student score file for uploading. This file MUST be an Excel file
with two columns that contain the student ID# in column one and the score in
column two. You have the option of adding
headers. If you use headers they MUST be
labeled StudentID and Score.
- Check Off the ‘Does the file have a header row?’
box if needed.
- Click the ‘Upload’ button.
You will be redirected to the following page where you will see the information that is going to be loaded.
on the ‘Check for Errors’ tab. This will
search for duplicate or non-existing student ID#’s.
you have many errors, you will want to click the ‘Cancel Upload and Delete
Batch’ button. You can now correct your
excel file and rerun it.
Once you see
there are no errors in your file, you can click the ‘Process File’ tab.
page will display to let you know the status of the records that have been processed.
NOTE: There is a way to load the students' scores into multiple exams into the Exam Catalog in bulk by importing an Excel Sheet. Please see the Bulk Load SLO Scores User Guide for further information.
Delete Student Score Results
While the student results grid is open, you can delete all the scores for the selected exam by clicking on the ‘Delete Results’ button. This will remove all scores for the students listed in the Student Result grid.
View Student Exam Scores
From the SLO Exams page, click on the eyeglasses icon and you
can view any loaded scores.
- The results will display in the section below the Exam Catalog grid.
Export Student Score Results
- While the student results grid is available, you can
export all the scores for the selected exam by clicking on the ‘Export’
- Select to ‘Open’ or ‘Save’ the student results file. This will generate an Excel sheet listing each student by ID number and their score.
Export Exam Catalog
From the SLO Exams page, you have the ability to export the entire exam catalog into an Excel sheet.
the ‘Export’ button located in the top right hand corner of the grid.
to ‘Open’ or ‘Save’ the exam catalog.
SLO Exam and User Loader (Bulk Loading the Exam Catalog)
In the beginning of the school year, a new exam catalog will need to be loaded. The SLO Exam and User Loader feature allows you to bulk upload a list of SLO exams from an Excel sheet. Once these exams appear in the exam catalog, you can select the exam you want to load the student scores in to.
To access the SLO Exam and User Loader, you will need to navigate to the SLO Exam Management page. This option can be found under the APPR dropdown by selecting APPR>SLOs>SLO Exam Management.
- Click on the ‘Load Exams or Users’ button located at the top right hand corner of the page.
- Once redirected to the SLO Exam and User Loader page, make
sure the correct school year is selected.
- Click the radio button labeled ‘SLO Exam Loader”.
- Select Pre or Post assessments from the drop down.
- Click the ‘Browse’ button and locate the Excel file that
contains the Excel sheet containing the two columns of data. The first header must be labeled ExamName and
the second header must be ExamCode.
- Make sure the check box is selected for the ‘Automatically
update SLOs with this exam data?’ so the SLO scores will be pushed to each
teacher’s SLO once they select the exam.
- Click the ‘Upload Exams’ button
Click on the ‘Save As’ option from the drop down that
displays at the bottom of your screen to save the file for later reference.